Employment and
finding a job

A citizen of an EU or EEA country, Switzerland or Sweden does not need a special permit to work during their studies. Working while studying may entitle you to Finnish social security.
If the person comes from outside these countries, it is possible to work with a limited right with a student residence permit. This work can be either a degree-related internship, completing a dissertation or, for example, part-time work for a maximum of 25 hours / week during the semester. Full-time work is allowed when the university does not provide teaching, meaning in practice that the limitation does not apply during summer and Christmas holidays.
Above average employment rate in international comparison.
International students who have completed a UAS degree in Finland stay in Finland more often than other international students who have completed a Master’s degree. The employment rate of those staying is on average 80%, which is above the average in international comparison.
Read more: